RICHMOND, Ind. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team (0-1-1, 0-0 ODAC) scored its first two goals of the season on the way to a 2-2 draw with Earlham College (0-1-1, 0-0 Heartland) Saturday afternoon. The contest closed out the Raven/Quaker Classic for the Wasps.
It was the first meeting between the two squads since EC visited E&H in 2016 and the fourth all time dating back to 2014.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 2, Earlham 2 (2OT)
LOCATION – Richmond, Indiana
VENUE – Matlack-Messer Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-1-1, 0-0 ODAC); Earlham (0-1-1, 0-0 Heartland)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry got on the board early in the eighth minute as sophomore forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.) found the back of the net with a shot from the top of the 18-yard box.
- The Quakers leveled the match at a goal apiece just after the half-hour. Drew FitzGibbon received a pass from Ryoji Fusegi inside the area and beat the keeper for the score.
- E&H went back ahead, 2-1, at the 50:29 mark when freshman midfielder Casey Widdifield (Afton, Va.) headed in a corner kick service by senior defender Massimo Tager (Asheville, N.C.) to the back post.
- With 5:30 remaining in regulation, Earlham spoiled the day for Emory & Henry as FitzGibbon got his second score of the game, this time assisted by Conner Kimball.
- The squads played 20 minutes of extra time with neither able to find the back of the net.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- In addition to Hurlock and Widdfield's goals, sophomore midfielder Ethan Taylor (Powhatan, Va.) put a pair of attempts on target.
- Senior goalkeeper Morgan Moser (Sweetwater, Tenn.) played the full 110 minutes in goal, making six saves.
Earlham Individual Leaders
- FitzGibbon led the way for the Quakers with two goals on six shots.
- Henry Wildes made three saves in net.
- Moser and sophomore defender C.J. Poulsen (Roanoke, Va.) were named to the All-Raven/Quaker Classic Team.
- Emory & Henry will make its way home to host Warren Wilson College on Wednesday. Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.