EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team (1-1-1) picked up its first win of the season its first two goals of the season, earning a 3-0 result over Warren Wilson College (1-1-1) Wednesday night at home.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 3, Warren Wilson 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-1-1, 0-0 ODAC); Warren Wilson (1-1-1, 0-0 EMAC)
How It Happened
- After the first 30 minutes went scoreless, the Wasps got on the board at the 35:16 mark when sophomore midfielder Ethan Taylor (Powhatan, Va.) served a corner kick into the box. Senior defender Massimo Tager (Asheville, N.C.) zeroed in on the ball and headed it into the net.
- In the 58th minute, Tager returned the favor, this time finding freshman defender Josh Helton (Talbott, Tenn.) with a corner kick, who notched a header of his own.
- E&H capped the scoring with 25:31 left to play as Taylor beat the defense and slotted the ball past the keeper for the 3-0 final score.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Tager led the way with five shots with two on target while Taylor put a couple of attempts on target.
- Senior goalkeeper Morgan Moser (Sweetwater, Tenn.) earned the shutout, making two saves.
Warren Wilson Individual Leaders
- The Owls managed just three shots on the night with two coming from Will Feehan.
- Solomon Love made six saves in goal, playing the first 85:11 of the contest.
- Emory & Henry will visit Penn State University-York on Saturday afternoon. Kickoff between the Wasps and Nittany Lions is set for 1:00 p.m.