KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team (4-2-2) scored the equalizing goal with just 2:46 remaining in regulation and battled through 20 minutes of extra time for a 1-1 draw against Johnson University (1-2-2) Wednesday evening on the road.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 1, Johnson 1 (2OT)
LOCATION – Knoxville, Tennessee
VENUE – Johnson University Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-2-2, 0-0 ODAC); Johnson (1-2-2)
How It Happened
- The Royals got on the board at the 11:25 mark of the game as Isaiah Rowe found Mattheus Assuncao with a pass which he put in the back of the net.
- In the second half, E&H took control of momentum and possession, out-shooting Johnson, 12-4. The Wasps spoiled the shutout midway through the 88th minute when senior defender Massimo Tager (Asheville, N.C.) struck to make it 1-1.
- The two 10-minute overtime periods saw Emory & Henry continue to press, but the Royals' defense would hold for the one-all draw.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Tager led the way offensively, scoring his goal on four shots, three of which went on target, as he became the E&H program-leader in career minutes played (5,213).
- Four other Wasps notched three attempts on the night with freshman midfielder Ryan Boyette (Fredericksburg, Va.) putting each of his on frame.
- Senior goalkeeper Morgan Moser (Sweetwater, Tenn.) made three saves, playing the full 110 minutes.
Johnson Individual Leaders
- Johnson managed just eight shots in the contest led by Gunner Rodgers and Uriel Tovar. Assunncao scored his goal on his only attempt.
- Guilherme Catena made eight saves in net for the Royals.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road next Tuesday, September 24 when it visits Warren Wilson College. Kickoff will be at 5:00 p.m.