GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Soccer Team (4-12-1, 1-7-1 ODAC) went toe-to-toe with Guilford College (6-7-1, 3-5-1 ODAC) for a full 110 minutes Wednesday evening in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action, but neither team was able to break into the scoring column.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 0, Guilford 0
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina – Armfield Athletic Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-12-1, 1-7-1 ODAC); Guilford (6-7-1, 3-5-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Guilford managed eight shots in each of the two regulation periods, putting a trio of strikes on frame in both halves. Three of E&H's four shots in the opening 45 minutes were on target, but neither was able to break through.
- The Quakers out-shot the Wasps by a 6-1 margin across the two extra periods, notching four shots on goal.
- Emory & Henry goalkeepers sophomore Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) and junior Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) remained strong between the pipes, tallying 10 saves on the evening. GC's Cheyenne Grim also earned a clean sheet with a trio of stops.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Sophomore forward Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) led the Wasps with three shots, putting two of them on frame.
- Junior midfielder Christina Ameen (Sweetwater, Tenn.) had a shot on goal while junior defender Madison Vaughn (Gate City, Va.) and freshman defender Lexi DeMers (Palmyra, Va.) each took a chance.
- Kelsey Reilly notched a match-high five shots with two going on goal. Allison Van Voorhies and Lauren Culler tacked on four and three chances, resepectively.
A Deeper Look
- Guilford had 22 shots in the contest, putting 10 on goal, while Emory & Henry put up six shots with three going on target.
- The Quakers finished the match with 14 corner kicks while the Wasps were without a chance from the corner.
- GC was called offside on four different occasions during the match while E&H attackers were halted three times for being too eager.
- Emory & Henry earns its first draw of the season and the first since ending with a 1-1 result against Eastern Mennonite University last year.
- It is the third time in series history that the Wasps and Quakers have tied. The last occurrence was a 1-1 result in 2011.
- Emory & Henry returns home on Saturday to host Washington and Lee University at 1:00 p.m.
- The contest will serve as Senior Day for the Wasps, who will honor their three seniors prior to kickoff.
-photo courtesy of Joey Gass