WINCHESTER, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Volleyball Team (5-19, 2-9 ODAC) suffered a pair of Old Dominion Athletic Conference losses Saturday afternoon on the campus of Shenandoah University. The Wasps fell, 3-2, to the Shenandoah Hornets to start the day, and dropped a 3-0 decision to the University of Lynchburg to close things out.
RESULTS – Shenandoah 3, Emory & Henry 2 (16-25, 22-25, 25-23, 25-21, 15-8)
Lynchburg 3, Emory & Henry 0 (25-17, 25-14, 25-20)
LOCATION – Winchester, Virginia
VENUE – James R. Wilkins, Jr. Athletics & Events Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-19, 2-9 ODAC); Lynchburg (10-13, 4-5 ODAC); Shenandoah (5-18, 2-8 ODAC)
The Shenandoah Match
- Senior outside hitter Tori Holmberg (Wake Forest, N.C.) posted a career-high 19 kills and added four digs while freshman middle Makayla Payne (Bristol, Va.) had 15 kills and two blocks.
- Senior right-side hitter Rebecca Morehouse (Kingsport, Tenn.) added eight kills while freshman outside hitter Delaini Nagy (Clover, S.C.) tacked on six kills.
- Senior setter Sam McCauley (Glade Spring, Va.) notched a career-best 56 assists and completed the double-double with 15 digs, four kills and three aces.
- Senior libero Huntre Baxter (Blountville, Tenn.) notched 28 digs while freshmen Chelsie Crussell (Kingsport, Tenn.) and Abbie Jennings (Marion, Va.) had 14 and 13 digs, respectively.
The Lynchburg Match
- Morehouse put up seven kills and two blocks while Holmberg added six kills and two blocks of her own.
- McCauley dished-out 22 assists and had four kills and four digs while junior defensive specialist Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) had 11 digs.
- Emory & Henry returns home for its final three regular season matches next week.
- The Wasps will host the Eagles of Bridgewater College on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. The contest will be E&H's annual Dig Pink Game in support of the SideOut Foundation.