ANDERSON, Ind. – The Anderson (Ind.) University Men's Soccer Team (1-0, 0-0 Heartland) earned a 3-0 win over visiting Emory & Henry College (0-1, 0-0 ODAC) Friday afternoon in day one of the 2019 Raven/Quaker Classic. The contest was also the season opener for both squads.
The Wasps make their first trip to the Hoosier State since 2015 and their third appearance in the Raven/Quaker Classic overall (2014, 2015, 2019).
FINAL SCORE – Anderson 3, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Anderson, Indiana
VENUE – AU Soccer Fields
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-1, 0-0 ODAC); Anderson (1-0, 0-0 Heartland)
How It Happened
- The Ravens got on the board at the 19:27 mark when Derek Thorpe collected a rebound off Daniel Collins' shot and put it in the back of the net.
- Anderson pushed the margin to 2-0 just after the half-hour mark on a score by Regan Frost.
- With 15:32 left to play, AU added an insurance goal off the foot of Nick Martin.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Sophomore forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.), senior defender Massimo Tager (Asheville, N.C.) and freshman midfielder Ryan Boyette (Fredericksburg, Va.) each had a pair of opportunities in the contest as the Wasps put up nine shots.
- Senior Morgan Moser (Sweetwater, Tenn.) played the full 90 minutes in goal, making seven saves.
Anderson Individual Leaders
- Thorpe led the Ravens' attack with a goal on four shots while Collins and Malik Gayler each took a trio of chances.
- Caleb Oliver and Jackson Etheridge combined to earn the clean sheet for Anderson.
- Emory & Henry will conclude play in the Raven/Quaker Classic on Saturday afternoon at 3:00 when it faces off against Earlham College.