BREVARD, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Soccer Team (0-0-1, 0-0 ODAC) got the 2019 season off to a start Friday evening as it clashed with Brevard College (0-0-1, 0-0 USA South) for a full 110 minutes to a 0-0 draw.
The contest marked the second year in a row that the Wasps and Tornados have opened the season with one another.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 0, Brevard 0
LOCATION – Brevard, North Carolina
VENUE – Ives-Lemel Family Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-0-1, 0-0 ODAC); Brevard (0-0-1, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry managed seven of its 10 shots in the opening half, putting a total of seven attempts on frame. Brevard had 12 shots on the night, 10 of which were stopped by Wasp goalkeeper Natalie Capone (Kannapolis, N.C.).
- The Tornados held a 10-3 lead on corner kicks.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Capone earned a clean sheet in her first career appearance, making 10 saves in 110 minutes of work.
- Sophomore forward Callie McMurray (Gate City, Va.) put both of her shots on target while forwards Graysen Barrs (Abingdon, Va.), Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) and Amber Altice (Rocky Mount, Va.) also had shots on goal from their attacking positions.
Brevard Individual Leaders
- Alyssa Heatherington posted a match-high three shots on goal while Emma Gooch also had a trio of opportunities.
- Rebeccah Rojas made seven saves as she played the full match in net.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road Wednesday when it visits Averett University for a 6:00 p.m., non-conference contest against the Cougars.