EMORY, Va. – The Greensboro College Women's Soccer Team (4-1) scored twice in each half on its way to a 4-0 win against Emory & Henry College (1-1-1) Sunday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Greensboro 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-1-1, 0-0 ODAC); Greensboro (4-1, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- Logan Schnabl gave the Pride a 1-0 lead just 4:56 into the contest as she placed a shot into the top right corner of the net from the left side of the box.
- In the 41st minute, Greensboro doubled its lead as Taylor Harrison finished on a loose ball at the top of the six-yard box.
- Two goals in the span of four minutes midway through the second half made the final score 4-0. Keely Catarineau settled a loose ball following a corner kick and scored at the back post in the 70th minute and Mercedes Bauza beat the E&H back line on the dribble and put a shot to the bottom right of the net with 16:58 left to play.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Junior forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) and sophomore forward Callie McMurray (Weber City, Va.) each posted a pair of shots in the contest.
- Freshman Natalie Capone (Kannapolis, N.C.) made seven saves in goal, playing the full 90 minutes.
Greensboro Individual Leaders
- Schnabl had one goal on four shots while Anna Ray Porcelli notched six attempts with four going on target. Bauza and Catarineau's goals came on two shots each.
- Kelsey Emrich earned the win in goal, playing the first 80 minutes of the game. She also made one save.
- Emory & Henry will continue its three-match homestand on Friday evening when it hosts The University of the South. Kickoff between the Wasps and Tigers is set for 7:00 p.m.