LEXINGTON, Va. – The No. 20 Washington and Lee University Women's Soccer Team (9-0-1, 2-0 ODAC) opened up a 4-0 halftime lead over Emory & Henry College (2-8-1, 0-4 ODAC) and never looked back on its way to a 7-1 Old Dominion Athletic Conference win on Saturday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Washington and Lee 7, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Lexington, Virginia
VENUE – Alston Parker Watt Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (2-7-1, 0-3 ODAC); Washington and Lee (8-0-1, 1-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- W&L got the scoring started in the 23rd minute as Lindsay White found the back of the net assisted by Sophia Roche'. The Generals doubled their lead just five minutes later as White struck again.
- Another pair of quick goals in the 34th and 36th minute gave Washington and Lee its 4-0 halftime lead and Erin Hoeh and Annie Martin put their attempts past the keeper.
- Just 2:19 into the second half the Generals made it a 5-0 game with Chloe Rapier scoring on a pass from Caroline Bailey. Madeleine Becker and Kelsey Anderson also had goals for W&L in the final 45.
- Emory & Henry got its score with 38 seconds to play as freshman midfielder Helen Frazier (Vienna, Va.) netted her first collegiate goal.
- Emory & Henry will have a full week off before travelling to face Virginia Wesleyan University on Saturday, October 12. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.