EMORY, Va. – The Roanoke College Women's Soccer Team (10-3-1, 4-1 ODAC) built a 3-1 halftime lead and added a pair of goals in the second on its way to a 5-1 victory over Emory &Henry College (2-10-1, 0-6 ODAC) Tuesday afternoon in Old Dominion Athletic Conference play.
FINAL SCORE – Roanoke 5, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (2-10-1, 0-6 ODAC); Roanoke (10-3-1, 4-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Roanoke stuck late in the fifth minute as Jamie Obremski headed a cross from Emma Woods to the back post.
- The Maroons made it 2-0 at the 18:57 mark on a pass from Hailey Davis to Ellie Schad. Obremski found the back of the net again 11:16 before the break as she beat her defender at the top of the box and put the ball over the goalkeeper.
- Emory & Henry got on the board midway through the 41st minute on a strike by junior forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.). Horner settled a failed clearance by the Maroons' defense and found the top 90 of the back post for the goal.
- Shad and Claire Thoma had Roanoke's goals in the second half, coming at the 64:56 and 67:19 marks, respectively.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Horner had two of the Wasps' attempts on the day as she netted her first goal of the season. Senior forward Graysen Barrs (Abingdon, Va.) also tallied a shot on frame.
- Junior Kaela Schlevensky (Haymarket, Va.) made 11 saves in goal in the first half while freshman Natalie Capone (Kannapolis, N.C.) stopped six shots after the break.
Roanoke Individual Leaders
- Obremski and Shad finished with two goals apiece as Shad led all players with five shots, four of which she put on target.
- Chris Martin and Carrington Lippi combined for the shutout as Martin played the opening 45 minutes.
- Emory & Henry will travel to Randolph-Macon College on Saturday for a doubleheader with the Yellow Jackets. The women's match will take place at 4:00 p.m., following the men's contest at 1:00 p.m.