EMORY, Va. – The Washington and Lee University Volleyball Team (15-5, 5-3 ODAC) picked up a 3-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference win over Emory & Henry College (4-13, 2-5 ODAC) Tuesday. The Generals earned the victory by way of set scores of 25-19, 25-17 and 25-17.
FINAL SCORE – Washington and Lee 3, Emory & Henry 0 (25-19, 25-17, 25-17)
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Bob Johnson Court at the John Rutledge King Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-13, 2-5 ODAC); Washington and Lee (15-5, 5-3 ODAC)
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Sophomore middle Makayla Payne (Bristol, Va.) posted seven kills on a .438 hitting percentage and added a pair of blocks while sophomore outside hitter Chelsie Crussell (Kingsport, Tenn.) had six kills and 13 digs.
- Freshman setter Abbie Dillon (Goodview, Va.) notched 12 assists and seven digs while freshman setter Marissa Snapp (Chuckey, Tenn.) added 10 assists and four digs.
- Senior libero Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) and sophomore defensive specialist Abbie Jennings (Marion, Va.) put up seven digs apiece.
Washington and Lee Individual Leaders
- Brynne Gould led the Generals with nine kills, 13 digs and three blocks while Ashleigh Meade had nine kills of her own.
- Ashley Webb posted 20 assists and seven digs while Caroline Gard went for 13 digs and four assists.
- Emory & Henry will be back in action on Thursday when it visits Piedmont International University. First serve is scheduled for 5:00 p.m., in what will be the first-ever meeting between the two programs.