WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Track & Field Teams returned to action on Sunday, competing at the JDL January College Kick-off at the JDL Fast Track. The men's team saw four new program records while a fifth record fell on the women's side.
EVENT – JDL January College Kick-off
HOST – JDL Fast Track
LOCATION – Winston-Salem, North Carolina
VENUE – JDL Fast Track
Top Men's Performances
- Junior Markell Moss (Wytheville, Va.) broke two of his own records on the day, going :09.18 in the 60-meter hurdles and 5.89 meters in the long jump.
- Junior Conor White (Warrenton, Va.) went 2:04.66 (eighth place) in the 800 meters for a new E&H best while freshman Princton Hall (Roanoke, Va.) set a new top mark in the 60 meters with a time of :07.54.
- E&H got two of the top four places in the shot put as senior Trel Phillips (Ooltewah, Tenn.) finished second at 14.37 meters and senior Justin Fannon (Abingdon, Va.) was fourth at an even 14.00 meters.
Women's Top Performances
- Sophomore Lorin Zehr (Holly Pond, Ala.) shattered her own best in the weight throw by nearly 1.5 meters, putting down a mark of 10.90 meters.
- Emory & Henry will compete at Roanoke College's Finn Pincus Invitational on Friday, January 24 and Saturday, January 25.